Grounding Systems Technologies (GST)
Operates worldwide "Training" and performing "Electrical Troubleshooting", offering ;
Grounding & Power Quality Courses,
Site Survey Troubleshooting,
Lightning Protection Products,
and solving Grounding and Power Quality problems
that cause  "Plant Shut Downs",utilizing modern "Troubleshooting" techniques and equipment to diagnose problems.
With headquarters in Coeur DAlene, Idaho, Grounding Systems Technologies is dedicated to providing cost-effective grounding, Lightning Protection and Surge Suppressor Equipment.
In the U.S., IMPORTANT CLIENTS: The US Department of Defense,
SPAWAR (Space Naval Warfare Center) Norfolk, Virginia,
U.S. Atlantic Fleet/NATO Operations Center,
In CANADA, Department of National Defence, Hydro One,
Pepsi Bottling Group,
Syncrude Canada Ltd.,
University of Toronto,
In Mexico, The Caribbean and all Latinoamerica: Telemex, Telcel, Iusacell, Pemex, Avantel, PDVSA, ECOPETROL, Phenix Gas Processing, PowerGen, Petrotrin,Phillips, Conoco among other important clients.
Services to the Electrical Power, Petrochemical/Gas,Nuclear,Telecommunications, Mining, Government and major industries
GST OFFERS A COMPLETE CUSTOMER SERVICE, INCLUDING:
GST provides Grounding, Bonding, Lightning Protection and Transient Overvoltage Surge Suppression products: Grounding Rods,clamps, connectors, exothermic connections, conductive earth products to lower earth ground resistance and resistivity, AC/DC Surge Protectors, RF Protection,sensitive equipment and Instrumentation & Controls Protection.
Site Survey & Evaluation
- Protection System Design
- Specification Writing
- Bonding & grounding
Overvoltage Surge Suppressors
- Structural Lightning Protection
- Conventional Franklin Air Teminals
- Heavy Movable Structures/Movable Bridges
- Cable Industry
- Cellular & PCS
- Electric Utility
- Process Control plants
- 911/Public Safety
- Water/Waste Water Treatment
GST has accrued an extensive experience base at facilities employing the most sensitive microprocessor-based equipment. These facilities include:
- Broadcast stations
- Cable Industry
- Chemical plants
- Cellular telephone switching offices and cell sites
- Coal mines
- Computer service centers
- Critical communications facilities, including military and 911 centers
- Process Control plants
- Electric utility transmission and distribution facilities
- Gas transmission facilities
- Petroleum exploration, production, refining, transmission and storage facilities
GST has long led the industry with innovative concepts, solutions and products:
*GST's overall approach consists of providing Bonding and Grounding, Transient overvoltage Surge Suppression, Franklin Rods and streamer-influencing structural lightning protection.
GST principals actively participate in furthering the industry through principals membership on code writing committees , including:
* National Fire Protection NFPA 780, Committee on Lightning Protection.
* National Fire Protection Association NFPA 781, Committee on Lightning Protection using Early Streamer Emitting Air Terminals.
* IEEE 1576, Working Group, Standard for Lightning Protection Using Charge Transfer System.
*American Petroleum Institute API 545, Working Group, Standard for Lightning Protection for Hydrocarbon Storage Tanks
The following are some of our grounding products:
GST provides Grounding and Lightning Protection products: Grounding Rods,clamps, connectors, exothermic connections,and conductive earth products to lower earth ground resistance and resistivity.
- 2/0 Braided Cable Copper
- 2/0 Tinned Conductor Copper
- 2/0 Bare Conductor aluminum
- 2/0 Stranded Conductor Copper
- 2/0 Flexible Straps Tinned
- 2/0 Solid Bare Tinned Conductor
- 2/0 Straps Copper
- 2/0 Bonding Straps for Pipe
- 2/0 Split Bolt Connectors
- Compression Connectors
- Exothermic Weld
- Ground Clamps
- Mechanical Clamps
- Ground Rods Dividing Studs
- Ground Rods
- Earth Resistance & Resistivity Enhancement Material
- Horizontal & Vertical Grounding Systems
STRUCTURAL LIGHTNING PROTECTION PRODUCTS
Various Terminal models for specific applications.
These Spot dissipaters are used in place of standard air terminals in a structural lightning protection system installed to UL-96A and NFPA 780 specifications.
APPLICATIONS: For use wherever an air terminal (lightning rod) is appropriate and streamer delaying or static dissipating qualities are desired.
Solid Copper Alloy.
Standard Elevation Conductor: 3/8"x12", 3/8" thread UL Listed Class 1 Air Terminal
DESCRIPTION: Solid Aluminum.
UL Listed Class 1 Air Terminal LM-PP-32
UL Listed Class 2 Air Terminal
DESCRIPTION: Solid Stainless Steel.
Standard Elevation Conductor: 5/8"x18", 1/2" thread
NOTE: Available in other lengths. (Add 3.00 per 6 inches)
UL Listed Class 2 Modified Air Terminal
DESCRIPTION:APPLICATION: For installing air terminals on lips, edges, angle iron, handrails, etc. DESCRIPTION: PP-32M installed on Stainless Steel angle adapter, Grounding lug optional.
A/C POWER MAIN PANEL PROTECTION
LM-120/240V, 1 phase, Main
LM-120/208V, 3 phase, Main
LM-120/240V, 3 phase, Main
LM-240V, 3 phase, Main
LM-277/480V, 3 phase, Main
LM-480V, 3 phase, Main
LM-220/380V, 3 phase, Main
LM-240/415V, 3 phase, Main
A/C POWER SUB-DISTRIBUTION PANEL PROTECTION
LM-120/240V, 1 phase, Sub
LM-120/208V, 3 phase, Sub
LM-120/240V, 3 phase, Sub
LM-240V, 3 phase, Sub
LM-277/480V, 3 phase, Sub
LM-480V, 3 phase, Sub
LM-220/380V, 3 phase, Sub
LM-240/415V, 3 phase, Sub
LM-120V, 3 phase, Sub
LM-277V, 3 phase, Sub
PROTECTION FOR AC POWER FEED - HIGH POWER APPLICATIONS
Designed to protect the AC power feed to high power loads such as those utilized on oil drilling rigs, conveyors, hoppers, pumps and other industrial equipment from over voltage transients. It is contained in a NEMA 12 enclosure for maximum protection from the elements.
D/C POWER DIN RAIL
Protection device for radio facilities and image communicating facilities to prevent damaging over voltage transients from entering the system. It utilizes BNC male to female connections and has excellent high frequency transmission characteristics.
HIGH VOLTAGE SURGE ARRESTORS
GST has recently introduced arrestors for 4,160V, 2,400V, 660V and 480V applications.
These rugged units are small, light weight, and easy to install in the most challenging environments. Best of all, they are reasonable priced, making them very cost-effective.
The use of these devices is recommended by motor manufacturers, as they are designed to provide dielectric protection for the motor and insulation system. Because GST arrestors employ MOV technology, they negate the need for surge capacitors.
RF POWER PROTECTION
COAXIAL CABLE SURGE PROTECTOR - UHF CONNECTORS
Our full line of RF protectors Coaxial protectors applications include bias-tee’s, injectors, tower top amplifiers, LNA’s, GPS antennas and any other application.
DC blocked coaxial protectors would typically be used on HF, UHF, and VHF radios, as well as, CDMA, GSM, and UMTS mobile communications equipment.
- Full service translation for Technology, Engineering, Science and Industry. Specialized in ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS for major industries
- Translation of Manuals, RFQ's, Proposals, System Descriptions, CAD Drawings, Web Sites, Brochures, Business correspondence and more.
- Book written in Spanish by Mr. Pablo Diaz on "ELECTRICAL GROUNDING" "Soluciones Prácticas para la Puesta a Tierra"
- order from Mcgraw-Hill in Mexico Tel: 01-55-1500-5050
Standards for Grounding
- ANSI/IEEE std. 80-2000 "Guide to Safety in AC Substation Grounding",
- IEEE 399-1997
IEEE Recommended Practice for Power Systems Analysis (Brown Book)
- IEEE 142-1991 IEEE Recommended Practice for Grounding of Industrial and Commercial Power Systems
- ANSI/IEEE Std 837-1989 Standard for qualifying Permanent Connections used in Substation Grounding",
- IEEE/Std 367-1979 :IEEE Guide for the maximum Electric Power Station GroundPotential Rise",
and Earth Surface Potentials of a Ground System
- NFPA 70 "National Electrical Code",
- NFPA 780 "Standard for the Installation of Lightning Protection Systems",
4561 W Fairway Dr., Coeur D'Alene, Idaho 83815 USA
Tels: (208) 964-0699
OUR REPRESENTATIVE IN THE CARIBBEAN
ATESCO POWER LIMITED
2 Crown Trace
Lange Park, Chaguanas
Tel: 868- 685-7283
US Toll free:1-877-467-1537
OUR REPRESENTATIVE IN MEXICO
NAJI CONSTRUCCIONES, S.A.
ARQ. Fernando Nava
Cefeo 5 Col. Prado Churubusco
Contacte nuestra Oficina
Copyright 2005, Grounding Systems Technologies, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.